On the Needles: Endless Loop Scarf



I love to knit.  I find the rhythm of it relaxing.  Sometimes it’s something that I can do without a thought and other times it takes some serious concentration depending on which project I’m working on.  But usually in the end I have something useful, pretty or both.  On the Needles will be a post series showing off what I'm working on now.


Little bit of detail
This is a project that I’ve been working on for a little while now.  I started this scarf back in December right before Christmas.  I kinda thought I might fly through it and have it done as a last minute gift, but as you can see that didn’t happen.  Though not because it’s a big or complicated pattern.  It’s a project that I can pick up, do a few rows and put down again after 5 minutes or so.  Which, with my often very busy days, is exactly what I need.

The waste yarn provisional cast-on
This is actually a fairly simple pattern only requiring some basic knitting techniques- knit stitch (k), yarn over (yo), knit 2 together (k2t), the provisional cast-on and the 3 needle bind-off.  There are tons of youtube videos out there demonstrating these stitches and techniques.  If you’ve ever knit before you could probably pick this project up pretty easily.

Knitting in the car waiting to 
pick up the boy at school

Materials Used

Pattern: Endless Loop Scarf by Kelley Petkun
Yarn: Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Cappuccino
Needles: Boye® Anodized Aluminum Circular Needles (size 13)


Leave reply

Back to Top